LFIT V40 Recall Letter
On August 29, 2016, an LFIT V40 Recall Letter was sent out to those within the health care field, warning that the LFIT V40 hip replacement could cause injury.
The LFIT V40 hip replacement model is manufactured by Stryker Orthopaedics, with global headquarters located in Kalamazoo, Mo.
The LFIT V40 recall letter states:
“Stryker has received four customer complaints for LFIT V40 Vitallium femoral heads reporting that the femoral head could not be assembled with its corresponding V40 stem trunnion at the time of surgery. In each case a new V40 LFIT Vitallium femoral head was opened and used.”
The LFIT V40 Recall Letter cites the following models to be affected:
Accolade TMZF, Hfx, Citation
According to the LFIT V40 Recall Letter, the orthopedic device has the potential to cause the following:
‘Excessive metallic wear debris’
‘Incorrect functionality – the femoral head cannot be locked with stem trunnion’
‘Insufficient soft tissue tension’
‘Excessive soft tissue tension’
‘Excessive metal ions: corrosion-related’
‘Excessive metal ions: debris-related’
These inconsistencies, according to the LFIT V40 Recall Letter, have the potential to cause the following painful symptoms:
- The site of the LFIT V40 device could become swollen
- Complications can arise during surgery, causing prolonged time under the knife
- Joints can lose stability and become weak
- One may experience pain as a result of the LFIT V40 device loosening
- The tissue surrounding the LFIT V40 can become irritated or affected
- Multiple surgeries may be needed to correct damage caused by the LFIT V40 implant
According to multiple sources, all of the LFIT V40 hip replacement devices falling under the recall were those manufactured before or during 2014, with many being made before 2011.
Some sources say the Stryker LFIT Anatomic CoCr V40 femoral heads made before 2011 are the most susceptible to problems categorized by the recall.
According to drug.com, the following other models of hip replacement structures have been recalled as well:
Major hip replacement recalls occurred for these popular implant products:
- Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip Recall
- DePuy ASR Acetabular & Resurfacing System
- Smith & Nephew R3 Acetabular System
- Zimmer Durom® Acetabular Component
- Wright Conserve Plus and Profemur Z Hip Stem
If you, a loved one, or someone you know has an LFIT V40 implant or has received the LFIT V40 Recall Letter, call our offices to speak with a qualified attorney, at (216) 407-5199. You may be entitled to a cash award or compensation for your pain and suffering.
Call today to discuss your settlement options! (216) 407-5199.
Article Written By: